Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Bbpress – caching mobile pages plugin

• neon67
    Participant

@neon67

Friends, can you name a plugin that would cache all kinds of pages (desktop and mobile) for all anonymous users. And did not cache for registered ones.
    *For a long time Im have been using the Fastes cache plugin – and only recently found out that it does not have a mobile cache)))

Which one has? VPS server Nginx, OS Debian.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

the plugin says it does

WP Fastest Cache

Features :

8. Enable/Disable cache option for mobile devices

neon67
    Participant

@neon67

Yes, but look below:

PREMIUM PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION The free version is enough to speed up your site but in the premium version there are extra features such as Mobile Cache, Widget Cache …

Also seen the difference by Page speed test my website – between desktop(highest mark) and mobile(middle bottom) pages.

Of course, I can to convince my client to buy this premium, but first I would like to understand: is there a more simpler plugin for mobile cache (in this case a lot of redundant unnecessary features). What else can to see?

Robin W

@robin-w

always learning – I’ve never considered that a plugin would stop caching to mobiles 🙂

Basically it is extra code to not cache mobiles – you have to find out what the http request is coming from and then stop the default cached request. you need to have a list of mobiles to work this out.

Normally you would only do this if your mobile site needed different output, rather than not be cached!

So seems that your plugin is really just a shop door to a paid product.

I’ve always used w3 total cache, but then it was the first one I picked many years ago, and it seems to work fine, so I just keep using it.

it does have the ability to turn off mobile caching, use a different theme, or redirect to a different site.

neon67
    Participant

@neon67

Still looking for a caching plugin for bbpress….
    I’m check the cache on the server – my Super Cash prepares pages for all WordPress perfectly , but not the forum pages.

Forums contain non-persistent content, with dynamically changeable php blocks and the like. I think, we need the type of caching Legacy or PHP and enabling “Dynamic caching” in the settings? So better for object caching choose – W3 Total Cache?

Please, take the good example of choosing a cache plugin for bbpress

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Hi @neon67

Did you ever manage to find a suitable option for BBPRESS cache or is W3 Total Cache still your best option ?

techinbermudas
    Participant

@techinbermudas

If possible can you share the settings you’re using?

I’m having a lot of issues with cache and bbpress. Always have to CTRL+SHIFT+R to have updated contents and i’ve tried all options that i know.

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

I found W3 Total cache did not offer any perfomance improvements and I actually had less visitors when using the cache plugin.

The plugin works and does cache certain areas, but I am working with my hosting company to ensure server side cache is best, as nothing really else I have tried isas good as i was hoping (for BBPRESS)

Take a look at https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bb-press-conflict-with-w3-total-cache/

in particular the below options to add to the page cache>never cache –

/forums*
    /forum*
    /topic*
    /topics*
    /reply*

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Is the problem relating to you as an Moderator when you are logged in / out or as a forum user (participant) logged in/out ?

techinbermudas
    Participant

@techinbermudas

both.
    i have issues cause forums are not updated and regular users have also issues logging in.

i’ve tried that above, cache on/off, multiple plugins, disabling cache on host side.
    no idea how to deal with it.

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

@robin-w on the other topic is very knowledgeable, turn off all cache plugin and see if problem is still there.

Are you using any cookies plugin, as this I have had issue with ?

have you always had this problem, as maybe a theme issues, any chance of you trying a different theme, just for testing ?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar