Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress as Standalone

• ajaxStardust
    Participant

@ajaxstardust

Hi there. I discovered bbPress circa 2007. I might have updated the version since, and most likely did. I probably stopped using it by 2010. I don’t know how to even determine what version it is (filename ?).

At that time, I was not using WordPress on that domain. I used bbPress as a standalone forum software.

Bottom line: is it possible to upgrade that installation? What would be my steps to at least salvage the db, perhaps install a WordPress and re-use the old bbPress. Quite honestly, just curious.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress now requires wordpress, but you can set these two up with bbpress version 2.x, and then import the bbpress1 forum

so once installed go to

dashboard>tools>forums>import forums and select bbpress1

ajaxStardust
    Participant

@ajaxstardust

Thank you!

I think I get what you’re saying, but I’m not quite following what to do. I’m sure it’s easy. 🙂

Would I just use– for example– an existing WP installation, and install the latest bbPress as a plugin? Then, once installed in WP as a plugin, I go to bbPress, dashboard > tools > … ?

I presume there will be an “update database” process. Cool. This will be interesting. Backup, of course. 🙂

Thanks!

Robin W

@robin-w

Would I just use– for example– an existing WP installation, and install the latest bbPress as a plugin? Then, once installed in WP as a plugin, I go to bbPress, dashboard > tools > … ?

basically yes 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar