Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress and buddypress groups page show content repeating

• tanvit
    Participant

@tanvit

hi all,

currently i am facing one issue with bbpress + buddypress. i was installed and avtivated both plugins it is working but When clicking on any specific group it takes a very long time to load and then has a never-ending page of that group repeating itself over and over. same for forum option in groups page.

when i deactivate any one plugin it is working fine please tell me what can i do?
    i am new in buddypress and bbpress

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Presuming you are using latest versions, these should work fine together.

What other plugins have you got? Deactivate all other plugins except buddy and bb, and see if they are then ok.

If not, then try switching to a default theme such as twentyeleven to see if it is theme related.

If it is ok with just theme and bbpress and buddypress, add back plugins one at a time to see which is casuing the conflict

tanvit
    Participant

@tanvit

thank you for reply, i was tested as you suggested and found problem in theme it is working fine in other theme but not in x2 theme also contacted to theme support but they told me this is plugin issue please suggest other way like how we break the loop of forum or group page by hard code.

Robin W

@robin-w

Did they say which plugin was the issue, and how they knew it was a plugin issue?

I’d never rule anything out, but if there was an issue with bbpress and buddypress running on themes, then the whole world would be shouting about it, there are tens of thousands of these installations.

tanvit
    Participant

@tanvit

please tell me which post templates are used for bbpress forum so i can break it after first iteration.

Robin W

@robin-w

BBpress uses your themes page.php file as default page template.

If you copy this (or any other page template) into the root of your theme and call it bbpress.php, it will be used instead.

ie

wp-content/themes/yourtheme/bbpress.php

If you are after individual templates, these are held in :

bbpress/templates/default/bbpress

If you want to alter these, create a bbpress folder under your theme

ie

wp-content/themes/yourtheme/bbpress

then any of these templates that you copy to this folder will be used instead, and you can modify them there.

bbPress actually goes looking for various templates to ‘wrap’ our templates in:

In this order:
    plugin-bbpress.php
    bbpress.php
    forums.php
    forum.php
    generic.php
    page.php
    single.php
    index.php

bbPress will go through each of these from top to bottom and use the first one it finds to wrap the templates in from your current active theme.

Robin W

@robin-w

Thanks Stephen – I have added this list to the Codex step by step instructions, so I won’t forget it again !

tanvit
    Participant

@tanvit

thanks Robin and Stephen for your valuable guidance i found it very usefull!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar