Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress and buddypress – Current Versions

• MBonner
    Participant

@mbonner

I’m doing a fresh install of wordpress and have come to find that

– the current version of bbpress is not working with the current version(s) of buddypress
    – I also found that WooCommerce isn’t working with the latest version of buddypress but I’ll post that on the buddypress site.

When I mean by not working, it’s causing my site to go blank.

If anyone has a solution, please advise and I will do likewise. Thank you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Suspect you have a conflict somewhere. bbpress and buddypress will work, so it is something else.

Suggest you start by disabling all your plugins, and switching to a default theme. Add bbpress, buddypress and test that works (it should). Then add woocommerce, again it should work. Then switch to your normal theme, and test again. If that all works, then add back the other plugins one at a time to see which is causing the conflict.

MBonner
    Participant

@mbonner

ok, so I did a fresh install of wordpress and began to install each plugin one-by-one. Here’s an update on what’s happening:

– Buddypress released a new version Feb 5th (yesterday) with a new component or something.
    – I get a blank page as soon as I activate Buddypress with bbpress (no other plugins or themes installed).
    – WooCommerce works with bbpress until I install a specific theme but I will take that up with the theme.

I’m going to post this thread in BuddyPress forums to see if they are aware of what’s going on but any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Robin W

@robin-w

Greta, thanks, and let us know what buddypress says !

MBonner
    Participant

@mbonner

found my problem (for anyone with similar problems). My memory_limit was set too low. Thanks for the help.

Robin W

@robin-w

Great, glad you’re fixed !

Robin W

@robin-w

Great, glad you’re fixed !

Rich
    Participant

@rjbwarrenmecom

Same issue here exactly; but I tried increasing memory and it made no difference, unfortuantely.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar