Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress + Ajax

• hi guys,

Does bbPress update posts automatically using AJAX?

That is lets say I am on a particular Topic page and someone posts a reply. Does bbPress update the topic page without a refresh?

If this feature is not currently supported, do you think it can be easily done?

I am ready to contribute this feature if it does not exist!

Thank you

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Does bbPress update posts automatically using AJAX?

No.

As I recall it used to a really long time ago, but had the feature taken out or turned off.

Yes.

It is though a fairly straightforward thing to implement, but personally I’d advise against it. AJAX has been around since IE4 and the MSXML4.0 upgrade, and there’s a reason why it’s not used as often as it’s propents think.

Given how much AJAX posting requires being tied in to a specific HTML markup, and how realistically you’d want to NOT be tied into the horrific Kakumei markup, you’d really just be adding to your own forum(s).

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

As I recall it used to a really long time ago, but had the feature taken out or turned off.

That was actually when you yourself add a post and it would get added via AJAX.

Yup, P2 theme for WordPress also checks for blog/comments updates via AJAX so it should be easy for bbPress too.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar