Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPress advise wanted

• parambyte
    Participant

@parambyte

Hello

I am planning to install BBpress along with WP for my small film making community.
    Before starting I wanted to know if its possible to:

1. create login in the wp home page for BBpress
    2. allow only offline registered members to be registered as BBpress users
    3. enable/disable users, and hence their profiles
    4. allow users to create profiles with their filmography and perhaps a vimeo embed or two
    5. can users have simple URLs for their profiles, like perhaps example.com/username?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Cool, most of things you mention can be done, some are ready to go, others need a few tweaks and custom PHP code to achieve the results.

1. create login in the wp home page for BBpress

Create a WordPress page, set that as your home page, add the bbPress login/register shortcodes

2. allow only offline registered members to be registered as BBpress users

Not quite sure what you mean here, you can set your forums to ‘private’ so only logged in registered members can see or use the forums.

3. enable/disable users, and hence their profiles

This is more of a WordPress question than bbPress, if the member has an active and valid WordPress account then they can login. If you want to remove the user and their associated profile then you’d delete the actual WordPress user which inherently flows down to bbPress.

4. allow users to create profiles with their filmography and perhaps a vimeo embed or two

With a few minor tweaks/customisations you could achieve this, you may also want to take a look at BuddyPress’ Extended profiles which will let you do this also.

5. can users have simple URLs for their profiles, like perhaps example.com/username?

Yep, this is built in, here’s yours here on bbpress.org https://bbpress.org/forums/profile/parambyte/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar