BBPress 2.6.0 update breaks forums index-only one level displayed
The new bbPress 2.6.0 update implemented yesterday breaks the forum index displayed with the [bbp-forum-index] shortcode.
1. The above shortcode used to display two levels, not one on bbpress 2.5.14 before the update.
2. The problem happens on three different sites, so it is not a plugin compatibility issue.
3. The problem was reported during the 2.6.0 development cycle but ignored:
4. The forums that are displayed are and always have been propertly set to display two levels in the index:
What I would recommend is modifying bbpress to implement a parameter after the [bbp-forum-index] shortcode such as “showlevels=1-2” or the like. That way users can control how many levels of the hierarchy are displayed in the index.
This is clearly a bug in 2.6.0 that needs to be fixed. When will it be fixed?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.