Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.5.9: Cannot modify header information

• jkuzma
    Participant

@jkuzma

I have the same exact problem:

Cannot modify headers. Parameter 2 to be array, null given in …/plugins/bbpress/includes/common/functions.php on line 1446

My pages/posts can be updated/published, but I get a blank white page with this error each time I update.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • For the bbp_setup_current_user issue see:

bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly

Most likely all the above replies which are *not* the same thing, they are all different errors are caused by the same thing though, a plugin or theme conflict.

See this https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/troubleshooting/

jkuzma
    Participant

@jkuzma

Most likely all the above replies which are *not* the same thing, they are all different errors are caused by the same thing though, a plugin or theme conflict.

Yes, a BBPress conflict, because this issue did not exist prior to updating yesterday (May 2nd.)

This is a problem on the backend, and is not theme or plugin dependent, as I’m seeing it on more than one site. I have even reverted back to the previous version of BBPress, changed my PHP version, etc.

I get this error anytime I am editing/updating a post/page on the backend. The post/page will end up saving, but the errors popup, sometimes with wp-includes/pluggable.php as well (which I’ve also replaced.)

I’ve also gone through the tedious process of uninstalling and reinstalling every plugin on my site. It’s quite obvious that disabling only BBPress fixes the problem, which is not a solution by any means.

@jkuzma, I’ve moved this to its own topic.

I did not think your issue was to do do with 2.5.9, as you’d replied to I have the same exact problem to the original authors post from before bbPress 2.5.9 was released.

Can you add here a list of your plugins and the theme you’re using so I can try and replicate your setup and reproduce the issue please.

p.s. I won’t be able to now, but will look in the mornings its half past midnight here local time, and yawn, I’m tired 😉

jkuzma
    Participant

@jkuzma

Theme is custom built – I am in the process of trying to download to a local site and verify again. I cannot play with the live site as-is, which I’m sure you understand. I will post a list of plugins shortly.

jkuzma
    Participant

@jkuzma

I do not see my replies posting.

jkuzma
    Participant

@jkuzma

Finally found the culprit. Popup Maker appears to conflict, which was tough to locate because it wasn’t activate, then was activated.

I will create a support ticket with them (https://wordpress.org/plugins/popup-maker/) Thank you again for your help.

jkuzma
    Participant

@jkuzma

From the Popup Maker author, via https://wordpress.org/support/topic/issue-with-bbpress-plugin?replies=8#post-8381778

From the looks of that error it appears that bbPress is actually the culprit here. Looks like they are applying a filter to all queries of every post type, and for whatever reason the data they are looking for is empty. Basically they are missing what we call a sanity check (making sure data matches the type we expect. In this case calling in_array without making sure that the data is actually an array. Likely the error is common( not just with popup maker but potentially other custom post types), but your only seeing it because your site because you have WP_DEBUG enabled and WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY turned on. Without those on the error would be logged but page load just fine.

I have not seen this before, but am happy to investigate.

Is this an existing install of bbPress or a new one? IE Can I easily duplicate the problem simply by enabling both or could it be that you have 1000s of topics and replies which for whatever reason is leading to issues.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar