Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress 2.0 templating

• Hello there,

I think my question will be very easy for most people here but I am really having a hard time to make it work. I read your post about theme compatibility many times but I am still missing something.

I installed the bbpress 2.0 rc plugin in my wordpress 3.2.1 and I also looked over the internet for a bbpress theme (not sure if it is compatible with bbpress 2.0 though). What I did was:

First Time:

A) I uploaded the custom theme I found over the internet.

B) I copyied all the files from bbp-twentyten into the custom theme folder

The result is that I cannot find my theme in the theme directory in order to activate it.

Second Time:

A) I uploaded the custom theme I found over the internet.

B) I copyied the folder bbp-twentyten from “/bbpress/bbp-themes/” into the wp-content/themes. My custom theme was also the wp-content/themes

The result is that I cannot find my theme in the theme directory in order to activate it.

In both case I added the add_theme_support( ‘bbpress’ );

Can you please give some me some help cause I feel very stupid.

N.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

My first guess is that when you copied over the bbpress theme into your current theme that you ended up copying over the style.css and functions.php file?

If so, that would explain why you can’t see your theme to activate it in the admin.

*The style.css file tells wp what theme it is, so if you copied the bbpress theme css over your own, then there ya go…

Hello anointed and thank you for trying to help.

I read what you told me in a forum so I tryied to keep the functions.php and the style.php from the custom template, I also deleted the theme from wp-content/themes and uploaded it again with the following steps: first the bbp-twentyten files and after it the theme itself in order to overwrite the bbp-twentyten files (style.php / functions.php) . I also checked what are the contents of the style.css and it is the contents of the custom theme. There might be something else that I am missing.

Thank you for trying to help though, really appreciated!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar