Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 spam comment overview missing

• I had a (good regular)user keep posting af reply to a topic, but he didn’t see the comment. Fortunately he wrote me, and I found it marked as spam (several times) in the database.

That must be three problem:

1. The user wasn’t notified that his comment was marked as spam

2. The user had a bunch of approved comments, so this shouldn’t happen should it?

3. I couldn’t see this anywhere in the WordPress backend

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

I’ve had this happen in my install as well, most of the time the post contained a link. It’s visible in the backend though, look for the hidden replies (or hidden topics) count.

It seems like the spam control is a bit too triggerhappy.

Ahh you’re right it is in the reply spam, so only 1 and 2 above is a problem…

Is there any way round this problem. Because more of my good old users gets their replies marked as spam. This happens even though their comments doesn’t contain links.

Is kismet more tricker happy in bbpress, than WordPress? Because I haven’t experienced these problem to the same extend with the wp install, that I’ve had for about 6 years now.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Akismet is tweaking the heuristics for bbPress 2.0, and will continue to do so as an ongoing thing. Traditionally WordPress posts are never scanned for spam, and bbPress is using the comment API to do it, in combination with some new information by way typically of being logged in.

bbPress 1.0 has always been a little prone to false positives. Once bbPress 2 officially launches we’ll start a topic here on how to report problems.

Ok thanks for the reply. It’s just a pain dealing with the frustrated users in my forums. But I guess you know all about that ;-)

You mentioned starting a forum here about Akismet … has that started?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar