Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 – blog post tags not working when bbPress plugin is activated

• My blog post tags were giving a page-not-found notification when clicked. To get them to work again, I had to deactivate the bbPress plugin and re-save my permalinks. When I reactivated the plugin I got the same error. My permalinks setting looks like this: /%category%/%postname%/ (this scheme was recommended for ComicPress).

Is there a way to get them both working?

Thanks.

– Jeff

mellomoose.com

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I’ll look into this tonight.

I have the same issue, I was just coming to report, but found this in a search. you can check it out on voodoopress.com if you like

Discovered the problem in my situation. It was a permalink clash. The default settings for the forums sets the tags slug as tags. My permalinks for WP have the default tag base of tags. So the default forum and standard WP tags were conflicting. When I renamed my forum tag slug to topic-tags everything works again

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Curiously I have testbp.org setup to use the same slug for blog tags and topic tags, and see no issues.

Hmmm, that’s curious. I’ve re-tested. No plugins, twenty ten theme, regenerated permalinks, and I can’t use the same slug. I get a page not found error when trying to view standard tag…

waitaminute…

Ah, there’s the conflict. Something I should have tested earlier.

If the 2 slugs are the same, and the

“Incude the Forum Base slug in your single forum item links”

Option is unchecked, that’s when I get the clash…..

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Ah ha. That’ll do it. WordPress doesn’t have built in collision detection for these manually entered slugs. Mind creating a trac ticket and I’ll look into preventing this in the next release.

Checking that box fixed my problem. Thanks.

For 2 days I was banging my head with this problem. Then finally I found this thread. If you have the same problem go to the Forum settings and change the Topic tag slug with something other than tag.

That will do it.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1554

Apologies on the delay. I was out of town until today. I really have no idea what I’m doing in the trac system, I hope what I’ve submitted is acceptable

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Thanks @Rev. Now fixed in what will be Beta 3, which I’ll put out tomorrow.

How’s that for quick!! Good stuff, and thanks again for the work on the plugin!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar