Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 1.0-alpha-4 released

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

A bug fix release of the 1.0 alpha series is now available from the download page.

Should fix issues that people had with integrated cookies with WordPress in 1.0-alpha-3 without reverting any new features in it.

We are edging towards a complete WordPress integration solution and to aid setup on the WordPress side I’ve created a new plugin, using it will fix the problem that people have experienced where they login via WordPress an have no access to the bbPress admin area. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress-integration/

The plugin is available through the WordPress plugin site and so is also installable via the built-in WordPress 2.7 plugin installer.

Also, WordPress users without a role will now receive one by simply visiting the bbPress site with a valid WordPress cookie set. Previously the user had to login to bbPress for this to occur.

Viewing 5 replies - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • I´ve done everything in my power to integrate BBpress with WP 2.7 but i wont do it, every cookie salt, cookie key, EVERYTHING in both setting files is the same and still it behaves as 2 completely different installation, this is really weard.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

@JesperA – what type of hosting setup are you using? PHP, MySQL, Apache versions, Windows/OSX/Linux, etc. There is something weird on some setups, for sure.

@chrishajer I am using Windows Vista with Wamp (Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5..2.8, MySQL 5.1.30)., running on my own server at home.

I am using name based virtual hosts in apache, it seems to be setup correctly because everything else is working ok.

I´ve notised that the cookie domain in php.ini is undefined, do i have to add an value to that?

When logging into WP and BBP each on is own i get 8 cookies, it that the number i should get?

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

The problem with automated role mapping is now fixed in trunk.

@JesperA: Have you tried to change the cookie keys from the default phrases? For instance a simple word?

I’m not at all sure if that’s the problem, but I didn’t get my integration working before I changed the keys to something completely different without special chars or whitespaces. Although I might have done something else as well in the same run.

Viewing 5 replies - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 1.0-alpha-4 released’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar