Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 1.0-alpha-2 released

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Congrats and thanks for all the hard work Sam.

How to upgrade?

I have the code managed through svn and after a quick svn switch http://svn.automattic.com/bbpress/tags/1.0-alpha-2 (followed by an svn update for good measure) everything appears normal.

(+1 beer on Sam et al next visit)

@ear1grey

A commendable approach, I approve.

@leoleoleo

From what version?

@_ck_

Thanks!

BTW, you’ll be happy to know there are three different ways to tun off XML-RPC:

* In settings

* Forcibly, via a plugin

* Just plain delete the file (xmlrpc.php)

But I’d like to think that you could help us to keep it secure instead : )

On a related note, thanks to everyone who has helped out with testing so far. Apparently the first alpha was downloaded over 2,500 times, thanks to all those who took time to report bugs and suggest improvements over that time.

I’m looking forward to further input and feedback as we approach 1.0 beta and beyond.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Heh, you know I had started to comment about the xmlrpc stuff but checked myself. Personally I’ll be using the delete option. Those hackers tend to find the bugs far faster than we do and the #1 security vulnerability on WordPress for years was the xmlrpc.php

Still, it will be interesting to see how people use it in the real world as it’s a powerful feature. I believe bbPress can now claim it’s the first forum to have such functionality.

Just in time for bbPress’s 2nd birthday too…

Hi all,

When i want to install

i got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bb_glob() in xxxxxxxxxx/bb-admin/class-install.php on line 322

svn trunk revision: 1789

@sambauers

I am using 1.0 Alpha

@leoleoleo

Well, you should just be able to replace the bbPress files with the new ones then go to your sites admin area to run the upgrade script (it appears automatically if it is required).

Make sure you backup your old files and your database first to be safe.

@sambauers

Is it not so straightforward to upgrade from 0.9.0.2 then?

@sambauers

Thanks!

I’m getting the same error as satranc when attempting a fresh install of 1.0 alpha 2.

Yes, i think duffer mind, has build this version. S**t…!

I have faced following error:

“Fatal error: Call to undefined function bb_glob() in /home/your-site/public_html/bbpress/bb-admin/class-install.php on line 322”

There was an error in the original release, the fix is made, but until it is available on the download site you need to get it from here…

[deleted] – see below

The zip archive is at the bottom of the page.

@ddemeo

Probably, I haven’t tried an upgrade form 0.9.0.2 yet. In theory it should work. If you try it then make sure you backup your files and database first.

Thanks much, that did the trick… though it seems to be missing bb-includes/backpress. I just copied it from the alpha2 available for download here and everything seems to be working.

Does the wordpress integration work with the latest version of wordpress now?

Yes it does – I installed aplha 2 in about 10 minutes and the login works. I need to test the registration but I’m sure that this will be OK.

You add all your wordpress settings when you install alpha 2 (it’s all form based).

I posted this as a comment on the blog but it will hopefully get more play here.

Are people using these Alpha releases on their live blogs?

@doyle640

If you mean basic user database and cookie sharing then yes (and it should have worked in 1.0-alpha-1 as well). If you mean loading WordPress inside bbPress, then no – that is still partially broken.

@beernews

I hope not, although it’s getting closer, it’s not production ready yet.

The installation bug is now fixed in the release packages on the download page.

https://bbpress.org/download/

Hi,

Installed a zip package of alpha 2 and it went OK and as I couldn’t quite get the logins to work for WP and bbP and tried installing it again.

I saw a few messages about install packages not being complete so I downloaded this second one.

Now when I try to install it, on the final screen it give the following PHP error – but the install seems OK.

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/1295/htdocs/www.example.com/public_html/forums/bb-admin/class-install.php on line 1021

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/1295/htdocs/www.example.com/public_html/forums/bb-admin/class-install.php:1021) in /home/1295/htdocs/www.example.com/public_html/forums/bb-includes/functions.php on line 2902

I tried a few times but got the same thing, then I comared my first and second packagas and saw that bbpress/bb-admin/class-install.php is very slightl different from line 264

The file in the first package has 2 if statements and the second has 1 if statement as follows:

class-install.php from package 1:

if (!defined(‘BB_INC’)) {

// Define BB_INC

// Tell us to load includes because bb-settings.

php was not loaded

// bb-settings.php is generally not loaded on

steps -1, 0 and 1 but

// there are exceptions, so this is safer than

just reading the step

$this->load_includes = true;

define(‘BB_INC’, ‘bb-includes/’);

}

if (!defined(‘BACKPRESS_PATH’)) {

define(‘BACKPRESS_PATH’, BB_PATH . BB_INC . ‘

backpress/’);

}

class-install.php from package 2:

if (!defined(‘BACKPRESS_PATH’)) {

// Define BACKPRESS_PATH

// Tell us to load includes because bb-settings.

php was not loaded

// bb-settings.php is generally not loaded on

steps -1, 0 and 1 but

// there are exceptions, so this is safer than

just reading the step

$this->load_includes = true;

define(‘BACKPRESS_PATH’, BB_PATH . BB_INC . ‘

backpress/’);

}

But the weird thing is that when I put back the first class-install.php I still get the error. I’m not too fussed as the install goes OK but it could be quite off putting if users get this PHP error.

Thank you!

Thank you for your hard work and congrats on the progress. I’ll be Upgrading tomorrow.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar