bbPress 0.9.04 and WordPressMU 2.7.1
I’ve just synced cookies on bbPress 0.9.04 and WordPressMU for the second time. I’ve read a few places that it doesn’t work or is difficult, so I wanted to share my solution. It’s really very easy. I wrote it up in a blog post:
It was remarkably simple (at least to me) to get it all working. Summary of steps:
1) Set all _KEY values to the same in WordPress and copy to bbPress.
2) Repeat for _SALT values.
3) Set COOKIE_DOMAIN and COOKIE_PATH
4) Settings > WordPress Integration > Show manual config settings, copy into bb-config.php.
5) From 4, change the authcookie value to wordpress_logged_in_
Step 5 won’t work exactly on WordPress standalone because it uses a hash in the cookie name. You can probably check the WordPress cookie in your browser and set it manually. Or maybe it’ll “just work”.
Then I whipped up a plugin to set / unset the other 2 WordPress cookies on bbPress login / out. It only works for WPMU right now. Somebody could probably improve it to work for WordPress. Code here:
This might be useful to somebody…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.