Skip to:

bbp_list_forums does not show anything

• In my bbpress sidebar, bbp_list_forums() function does not echo anything. What is the trouble? wp_tag_cloud() works fine few rows below. Pls help

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Lynq

bbp_list_forums will list the sub forums of a parent forum.

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks a lot! I put bbp_list_forums to sidebar to show all forums like here. So what is the right way to do that? It would be nice if i could download template files for the theme used here. At least for the sidebar. :-)

John James Jacoby

Here on, I used the forums shortcode, and used CSS to hide a few columns. I did not use bbp_list_forums(), which has a specific purpose outside of what you’re trying to do.

dyspersion media

For anyone else who comes here trying to programmatically display the forum index list, you can call shortcodes like this:

echo( bbpress()->shortcodes->display_forum_index() );

For what it’s worth, I don’t know why a function called “list_forums” would display *sub* forums. I would think that would be a function named “list_sub_forums” but, oh well. At least there’s a work around. It’s also worth noting that this might not be the best way to do this. I haven’t done much testing (I’ve done none).

Shane Gowland

An even easier way to call shortcodes isĀ with the do_shortcode() method.

You can programmatically call the bbp-forum-index shortcode like this:

<?php echo do_shortcode(‘[bbp-forum-index]‘) ?>

I think I figured out a cleaner way: I just wanted a list of links to the forums, not the whole loop with all the columns, so I searched for the code of the Forums list plugin in bbpress.php and used its name in the the_widget() function, like this:

It’s working well for me.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar