Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbp_has_forums returning wrong value

• Pleiades
    Participant

@pleiades

I have a bbPress forum integrated with WooCommerce.
    Until a few days ago it was working fine, but now

$uid = bbp_get_current_user_id();

if ( bbp_has_forums( array(
         'author' => $uid
     )) ) :

returns bool(false) regardless of the user or user role.

On a side note, when searching codex.bbpress.org, the results I (don’t) get:

bbp_get_current_user_id – “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.”
    bbp_has_forums – “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.”
    bbp_forums – “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.”
    bbp_the_forum – “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.”

I understand these are just wrappers for WP_Query, but there are some obviously also forum-specific options. It doesn’t seem like much of a codex. Just saying.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Pleiades
    Participant

@pleiades

ping

Robin W

@robin-w

it’s not much of a codex, but it’s the only one there is! I wrote quite a lot if it when I started using bbpress – I’m just a bbpress user who helps on here. If you’d like to contribute, post suggested improvements and I’ll add them – just saying 🙂

So if your code was working a few days ago, and it now isn’t, then you must have upgraded the theme, a plugin or changed something else. Without knowing what it’s hard to help.

Pleiades
    Participant

@pleiades

Thanks, Robin W.
    It’s a site I inherited with 100+ plugins. I’m trying to unravel the necessary from the superfluous but too many things keep breaking.

I’m trying to put traps in the code to see where conflicts are occurring. It seems like bbp_has_forums calls methods that call methods that call methods…

I would appreciate if someone could help shortcircuit this process and point me to the place where the actual test is happening.

Please forgive my snarky comment earlier. This site has been a cluster and I’ve been frustrated by a long list of plugins with no doc and no response to developers.

Robin W

@robin-w

bbp_has_forumms is just a forum version of wordpress has_posts.

The code you first posted – where is it, in your functions, in a plugin or where?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar