Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbp-topic-index pagination URL fail if used on homepage

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• kokocipher
    Participant

@kokocipher

If anyone knows how to turn off pagination just for the shortcode, bbp-topic-index, that’d work too. Or maybe customize its URL

Robin W

@robin-w

the url reads

http://domain.com/whatever-your-shortcode-page-is-called/page/2/

So presume your page is called “topics”

The code works – I’ve just retested it on twentyten site and pagination and subsequent pages were fine, so suggest you try

Check other plugins

Check that no other plugins are affecting this.

Turn off all other plugins, and see if that fixes the problem. If the problem is resolved, add back one at a time to see which is causing the conflict.

Check themes

If plugins are not the cause, the it may be a theme issue. Switch to a default theme, such as twentytwelve, and test.

and then come back if you need further help.

kokocipher
    Participant

@kokocipher

is there a way to insert a page as a shortcode in the homepage area? I think the problem is that I didn’t create a page for bbp-topic-index

Robin W

@robin-w

Not quite sure what you’re asking

Where have you put the shortcode? on the homepage, on a page or on a post?

and where would you like the shortcode to go on the homepage, on a page or on a post?

kokocipher
    Participant

@kokocipher

Thanks for the replies, Robin W ๐Ÿ™‚

So the pagination works fine on a standalone page, but if you embed it on your wordpress homepage, it’d fail.

It’s not that I have a page called “Topics,” the pagination simply uses the Topics Started slug. Even if I make a standalone page with bbp-topic-index, the pagination will still pick use Topics Started slug.

Because of this problem, I think a better solution would be to simply get rid of pagination for the shortcode, bbp-topic-index. Do you happen to know the temple file for that shortcode?

Robin W

@robin-w

‘So the pagination works fine on a standalone page, but if you embed it on your wordpress homepage, itโ€™d fail. ‘

Is this a statement or a question?

What theme are you using?

and can you respond to previous questions

Where have you put the shortcode? on the homepage, on a page or on a post?

and where would you like the shortcode to go on the homepage, on a page or on a post?

I’ll then try to help you further.

kokocipher
    Participant

@kokocipher

I want to place it on the homepage.

I’m using Sahifa, in its homepage builder, you can have custom contents of html, scripts, and shortcodes.

Robin W

@robin-w

Ok, so this theme has an upmarket homepage.

Since this is a paid theme, with paid support, I’d suggest you go to their website for help, they should be familiar with bbPress and know how to get it to work with your theme.

http://themeforest.net/item/sahifa-responsive-wordpress-newsmagazineblog/2819356/support

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.