Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBp style pack

• sxsnationdave
    Participant

@sxsnationdave

What theme works best with BBp style pack. I currently have buddy and it’s not allowing me to change fonts or colors in any of the categories.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

if you use a theme that has a bbpress/buddypress emphasis, it is likely that it will overwrite some settings particularly styling in stle pack, as the theme loads css last.

If you have a particular page that needs changing, post it hear with the changes and if there are no too bad, I’ll try and give you some extra css.

sxsnationdave
    Participant

@sxsnationdave

Any suggestion on themes that work the best with BBp style pack. I’m jus in the process of setting everything up and If there is on that works the best I will look at changing themes.

Robin W

@robin-w

there is no one ‘best’ in fact I suspect that almost all themes will work with style pack.

It is only where a theme is specifically written for bbpress or buddypress that the css is likely to be over-written by the theme.

sxsnationdave
    Participant

@sxsnationdave

RULES of The Nation

There is a lot I’m trying to change.
    1. The create new topic and subscribe links I want to change to be like Mark all topics read
    2. The Topic Name/lings I want to change the color to stand out.
    https://dev.sxsnation.com/forums/
    1. I want the rules of the nation and all makes and models to match the Artic Cat.
    2. I want to add Irons to the Artic Cat Bobcat and so one.

Robin W

@robin-w

just had a look, the bspstyle.css is corrupted – I cannot say why.

if you can find this in the plugin folder using FTP, then delete it and it should refresh correctly, then come back.

If that previous sentence means nothing to you, then again come back

sxsnationdave
    Participant

@sxsnationdave

Did what you suggested and I’m still getting the same results.

Robin W

@robin-w

Sorry, that file is back and corrupted I cannot say why.

I can only suggest it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

sxsnationdave
    Participant

@sxsnationdave

Robin,

I have disabled all the plugins except bbpress and changed themes and still no luck.

fearless359
    Participant

@fearless359

The toolbar for the post entry/editor is no longer showing. The option to “Add toolbar & buttons to textareas …” is checked. It used to show but currently doesn’t. Site is simepleinvoices.group. bbPress plugin version 2.6.9. It is showing a line, “You account has the ability to post unrestricted HTML content,” does show but no buttons to help with the formatting.

neon67
    Participant

@neon67

In fact, no sense to select specially themes for bbpress. The style pack does everything great in any environment if you are newbies do not know css even.

But pay attention for Gutenberg theme. Fully editable site – the future of WordPress, not ready-made paid themes.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar