Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbp-single-forum issues

• sciencegeek
    Participant

@sciencegeek

I’m very new to WP, so thanks for the support. After reading lots of support pages I’ve been able to create a simple home page showing a single Forum Topic; however, it also shows all of my other pages as boxes just below the forum box (e.g. registration, lost password, etc.) as one very long webpage. It looks like it shows all the website pages on one long page.

I’m just trying to setup my site and on the home page show only the Forum Topics. So I created a new page (lets call it “Start”) and redirected the home page to this “Start”. This worked fine.

Next I used the short code [bbp-single-forum id=49] to show my identified forum. The problem is that it shows everything else.

When I go to the forum page things look great (aka it only shows the forum, header and right column).
    Go to http://www.sciencegeek.com to see the problem.

Thanks again

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

This is theme related, to prove as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

I suggest you start with the theme author and see if he can suggest how to fix.

sciencegeek
    Participant

@sciencegeek

Great suggestion so I tried using the 3 Themes that came with WP but all three show the same information.
    But that lead me to a different idea that solved the problem. Settings ==> Reading ==> Front Page Display and then check the “Front Page” and “Post Page”. Somehow I had the same page listed for both. Make sure they are different.

Thanks so much !

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem, glad you’re fixed

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar