bbp-search showing private forum messages
Buddypress 5.1.2 (with private forums)
When entering a registered user name via [bbp-search], messages from this user are shown eventhough they are in a private forum and the requesting user is NOT a member of that group.
This clearly violates the privacy and should not be happening.
I have removed all occurences of [bbp-search] , and with that lost the ability to search through the forums.
– create 2 users (eg user-1, user-2)
– Make user-1 member of a private forum (forum-1) and create a topic and some replies.
– Make user-2 member of anothher private forum (forum-2) and create a topic and some replies.
– create a testpage with content [bbp-search], publish
– login with user-1
– got to testpage and search for user_2
No messages should show up, but i’m afraid they will.
Could anyone please try and get back here to share the result?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.