Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbP Plugin beta 2 – 500 Internal Server Error but *only* on /forums/

• tooltrainer

@tooltrainer

Here’s a really weird one. Everything was humming along fine, I spent about 20 minutes answering some forum posts. Then I went back to the main page of the forum again (/forums/) and I got an internal server error.

This is the *only* page it happens on. All sub-pages of the forum are fine, all topics, replies, etc. work like usual. But any visit to the top level of the forums generates the server error.

Anyone have any idea what could cause this?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• tooltrainer

@tooltrainer

OK I’m even more confused now. Just on a whim, I changed the forums base to “forumsbase” instead of “forums”, and now I can visit /forums/ without any problem!

Turns out I can change to anything other than “forums” and everything begins behaving.

Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on here? And is there any potential negative consequence to not having my forums base set correctly?

Jonathan

Anything of note in your server error logs when you get the 500 error?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@Jonathan – Do you have a folder in your install named ‘forums’ that might be conflicting? Do you have BuddyPress installed and is it using the default ‘forums’ slug for its forums component? Did you do any rewriting in your .htaccess file regarding the forums slug? Have you tried visiting your permalinks settings and resaving them to see if something is just out of alignment?

tooltrainer

@tooltrainer

Nothing useful in the apache error logs.

No folder called “forums”.

No bbPress install.

No rewriting of the forums slug.

And like I said, it was working fine… then 20 minutes later not. And all I did in between was answer a handful of forum posts.

Also with the slugs enabled, I’m still not able to visit /forums/ if the forums base is set to same.

Jonathan

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@Jonathan – Since you’re actively testing and tweaking things, I feel like it might make more sense for you to continue using the SVN checkout or plugin zip file from Trac. Fixes are going in nightly as reports come in, so some of what you’re experiencing might be already be addressed.

tooltrainer

@tooltrainer

Oh really? I didn’t realize that… for some reason I thought once it went beta, fixes were no longer available until the next beta was released. Thanks for correcting me on this, I’ll check out the trac version(s)!

Jonathan

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It works in some funny ways. Because core bbPress development has its own Trac and website, we only use WP extend for deploying new versions. The beta’s themselves are built from the development branch.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar