Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

[bbp-lost-pass] Forgot Password refreshes to forum topic?

• smithcreate
    Participant

@smithcreate

I have users who are having problems accessing the bbPress forums I have set up on their site. The original email that went out to them seems to have a bad link for them to reset their password.

I am directing them to a page that has the [bbp-lost-pass] widget in a column where they can enter their username or email address to reset their password.

http://www.ccghpa.com/forums/

When this form is submitted, why does the browser reload a Forum page? The page below is displaying after a user submits this form and it is confusing people.

Items For Sale/Wanted

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

can you tell us how you have put that code in the widget – ie what widget you are using and how you have put [bbp-lost-pass] in it

smithcreate
    Participant

@smithcreate

I’m using an iThemes Builder theme and have a page template with a right column being used for that page. Under Appearance > Widgets, I have a Text widget applied to this column with the following code:

[bbp-lost-pass]

This renders the lost password form.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok,

when I put the shortcode in the text widget, I just get it displayed as text ie [bbp-lost-pass] rather than rendered.

can you try the code in a page and see where that goes

smithcreate
    Participant

@smithcreate

When I place the shortcode in a page, it renders the form as expected. And when I enter a username or email address, the form submits and refreshes the current page.

Example: http://www.ccghpa.com/test01/

So with the shortcode in a widget on my forums page I would expect the form to submit and refresh the current page. Instead, it jumps to a random forum.

Robin W

@robin-w

I think the ‘random’ forum is actually the last forum in the list on the page.

I can’t see exactly why this is doing this, and can’t directly help you further – not sure what to suggest

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar