bbBlog 2.0 (plugin)
I’ve finally finished bbBlog 2.0. This plugin adds a blog page to you bbPress forum, using posts from a forum category, specified by you. (For those wanting to do some simple blogging without the WordPress installation hassle…)
You can download it here:
– Total rewrite of the bbBlog plugin (1.0 compatible)
– Now a link to the blog is created under the “Views list” at the front-page (forum index)
– The blog items are now correctly filtering bold text, hyperlinks, smilies, etc (thanks _ck_)
– Comments() link now goes to the first comment made (thanks _ck_)
– You can now prevent members and guests to start blog posts (they can still reply)
– Now also showing topic tags
– Added sticky support: Topics marked as sticky now show on top on the blog page
– Admin display redesigned to match bbPress 1.0 admin area
– Blog post date uses the same Date Format as set in: Admin -> Settings -> General -> Date Format
– Now shows blog main category no subforums yet)
– Now pre-loads the selected (blog) forum in the dropdownlistbox in the admin area (thanks Ben L.)
– Set as start page, can be done by htcacces, how does WP do this?
– Generate a nicer error message when there are no topics in the blog like: “No blog started yet”
– Show some confirmation when settings are saved (this is broken in 1.0)
– Add pagination
– A “Read more” functionality. Show a Read more link after an amount of words set in the admin
– Add: You are not allowed to create new topics (like when locked topics)
– Sub category support (admin option?)
– Separate tags with commas
ps: I am NO programmer, so don’t expect much support. Code suggestions and help (esp. with Read more and pagination) are welcome.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.