Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bb-query help!

• I’m trying to display a list of posts that are tagged with one tag but NOT another. For example, I want to display all posts tagged “FRUIT” but exclude posts tagged “Apples”.

I tried creating a custom View, but this code does not work:

function my_custom_views_init() {
    $args = array(
    'tag_id' => '35',
    'tag_id' => '!=72'
    );
    bb_register_view(
    'fruit-without-apples',
    'Fruit (excluding apples)',
    $args,
    false
    );
    }

Neither does this code using bb-query directly:

$topic_query = new BB_Query( 'topic',
    array(
    'tag_id' => '35',
    'tag_id' => '!=72'
    )
    );
    $results = $topic_query->results;

foreach($results as $result) {
    echo $result->topic_title . '';
    }

Any ideas?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

You can only have one tag_id arg, that too should be an integer ( also = check is made, you can’t have != check ). Try this:

$args = array(
    'tag_id' => 35
    );
    bb_register_view(
    'fruits',
    'Fruit',
    $args,
    false
    );
    }

You may try to short-circuit the query though, as shown in this plugin – https://plugins-dev.bbpress.org/browser/my-views/trunk/my-views-statistics.php

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

You can only have one tag_id arg, that too should be an integer ( also = check is made, you can’t have != check ). Try this:

$args = array(
    'tag_id' => 35
    );
    bb_register_view(
    'fruits',
    'Fruit',
    $args,
    false
    );
    }

You may try to short-circuit the query though, as shown in this plugin – https://plugins-dev.bbpress.org/browser/my-views/trunk/my-views-statistics.php

Thanks, Gautam, but that appears to just show all posts from Fruits (ie, not excluding Apples), unless I am missing something?

For this particular application, I’m now trying to set it up so “Fruit” is a forum (so it has a forum id instead of a tag id), and using “Apple” tag to include/exclude certain posts. I’m hoping the bb_query in the bbp plugin will be more flexible.

Thanks, Gautam, but that appears to just show all posts from Fruits (ie, not excluding Apples), unless I am missing something?

For this particular application, I’m now trying to set it up so “Fruit” is a forum (so it has a forum id instead of a tag id), and using “Apple” tag to include/exclude certain posts. I’m hoping the bb_query in the bbp plugin will be more flexible.

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

In the plugin, it would make use of WP_Query which is a lot flexible – you would be able to do such things there afaik.

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

In the plugin, it would make use of WP_Query which is a lot flexible – you would be able to do such things there afaik.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar