Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bb-admin won't load

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Ashish Kumar (Ashfame)
    Participant

@ashfame

Ashish Kumar (Ashfame)
    Participant

@ashfame

mtgbarlang

@mtgbarlang

well, your link seems useful, but I don’t have access to phpmyadmin. what file should I open to check on the value of bb_capabilities?

thanks

mtgbarlang

@mtgbarlang

well, your link seems useful, but I don’t have access to phpmyadmin. what file should I open to check on the value of bb_capabilities?

thanks

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You will need phpmyadmin or some kind of direct database access to more easily address those issues. There is no 1 file to open, but if you have strong PHP skills you can write your own queries to access that data as you need to.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You will need phpmyadmin or some kind of direct database access to more easily address those issues. There is no 1 file to open, but if you have strong PHP skills you can write your own queries to access that data as you need to.

justmichael2

@justmichael2

I have the same problem. I do have access to phpMyAdmin but under the bb_usermeta selection, nothing is there.

justmichael2

@justmichael2

I have the same problem. I do have access to phpMyAdmin but under the bb_usermeta selection, nothing is there.

GYNGA

@gynga

Try this plugin:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/fix-admin-access/

After you install and activate the plugin then go to bbPress admin page and set User Role Map settings. WordPress administrator should be set as your bbPress admin’s role, probably ‘Key Master’ or ‘Administrator’. Mine was Key Master.

If you don’t know what to set up in other roles (WP Editor, WP Author, WP Contributor, WP Subscriber) I suggest you to set all of them as bbPress member.

Well, it helped for me :)

GYNGA

@gynga

Try this plugin:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/fix-admin-access/

After you install and activate the plugin then go to bbPress admin page and set User Role Map settings. WordPress administrator should be set as your bbPress admin’s role, probably ‘Key Master’ or ‘Administrator’. Mine was Key Master.

If you don’t know what to set up in other roles (WP Editor, WP Author, WP Contributor, WP Subscriber) I suggest you to set all of them as bbPress member.

Well, it helped for me :)

Umm, I can’t get to the bbPress admin page, that’s the whole problem :)

Umm, I can’t get to the bbPress admin page, that’s the whole problem :)

Did you try to install that plugin?

It restores settings so that you can get to your bbPress admin page again.

And then you can set necessary bbPress settings.

P.S. When you install and activate the plugin try to login to bbPress with BOTH of your accounts (WP account and bbPress account). I don’t remember which worked for me.

Did you try to install that plugin?

It restores settings so that you can get to your bbPress admin page again.

And then you can set necessary bbPress settings.

P.S. When you install and activate the plugin try to login to bbPress with BOTH of your accounts (WP account and bbPress account). I don’t remember which worked for me.

Thanks, Gynga. Had the same issue but installed the plugin in my wordpress plugin directory and it worked like a charm!

Thanks, Gynga. Had the same issue but installed the plugin in my wordpress plugin directory and it worked like a charm!

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar