Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BB-Admin won't let me in

• Hey,

I was deleting and blocking some spam users when I tried to go back to the dashboard of bbpress, the link would redirect me to the home page of the forums. I tried typing the link in the browser and the same thing happened. So, as of now, I can not get back into the dashboard.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was going on and how can I fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Try clearing the browser cache and cookies, or just use a different browser and see if you can log in with that.

I’m having the exact same issue. Cache/cookies have been cleared, tried multiple browsers, etc. I have integrated WP with bbPress and all the user roles appear to be set up correctly (though I can’t imagine what else the problem could be…). Users are shared between WP and bbPress correctly, etc. but when I try to go to /bb-admin I’m simply redirected back to forums main, same as jbrzr3.

Out of ideas. WP + bbPress is an ideal solution for the site I’m working on but this is a pretty major roadblock.

Kasparas
    Participant

@kasparasstic

Same problem for me /:

If you guys have integrated setup, then if you login from WordPress side and then try to access bbPress dashboard you are redirected back to the frontpage. Just login from bbPress side and you will be able to pass through :)

I have all my integration, cookie and auth keys matching but I cannot login to bbpress admin if I am in wp-admin and vice versa.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Mamikaze,

What versions of bbPress and WordPress are you using?

Did you install and use the WP/bbP integration plugin?

Have you tried logging in from both sides?

Have you checked to see if you’re using the same user tables?

Have you checked roles in your database?

Basically, give us as much information as possible, and we’ll try and help :)

I have WP 2.9.2 / BB 1.0.2 with the integrations plugins on both sides. I test user registrations and they are created and match on both sides.

All my auth keys match.

Where do I check roles in my database? I have the table prefix is correct in the integrations settings. I have the BB user roles map set up and it’s working.

Thanks!

kevinjohngallagher & all, it’s a known issue.

Once and a while when you log into WP first you can not access the BBP dashboard. The solution is just log into BBP first. It only affects the admins (usually one user)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar