Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Bavatars 0.4.1 plugin – avatar in post

• pastorbobsforum

@pastorbobsforum

Hello.

I am using Bavatars 0.4.1 plugin in bbpress 1.0.2.

Now, I am trying to get my avatar (or every user’s avatar for that matter) shown next to every post that I (or they) make.

I have tried using something of the <?php avatarupload_display(get_post_author_id()); ?>kind in my template’s post.php page, specifically in <div class="threadauthor"> section, but I don’t know the exact function that I am supposed to call there. I got the idea from another plugin (Avatar Upload), where it seemed to be working fine.

This is the function in Avatar Upload plugin <?php echo avatarupload_display($user->ID, $force_db); if ($config->use_thumbnail == 1) { echo " &nbsp; " . avatarupload_displaythumb($user->ID, $force_db) . "</p>";}?> defined in avatar.php (from Avatar Upload plugin).

Now, if I was to define the exact function in bavatars.php and call it in post.php, I guess it would work, but I cannot find my way round the Bavatars plugin.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Regards,

Bob

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Ben L.

@nightgunner5

What you want is <?php post_author_avatar_link(); ?> or <?php post_author_avatar(); ?>, depending on whether you want it to be a link to the user’s website or not.

pastorbobsforum

@pastorbobsforum

Hello.

Exactly what I wanted: <?php post_author_avatar(); ?>

I had some problems with my permissions for the avatar folder in the root forum. It’s set to 755 now.

Thank you.

Regards,

Bob

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar