Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Background Color

• scottwiggins17
    Participant

@scottwiggins17

I’ve searched and tried everything I can find to change the background colors and font colors of my bbpress forum. Right now it is copying the dark format of my X theme settings, and it has a black background with black font color and nothing is visible.

I installed the bbpress style pack but nothing changes when I mess with color schemes inside the style pack. There has to be an easy way to change background colors with out complicated css. I’m not at all familiar with css, so please dumb it down for me if this is what I need to do.

Please help!
    thanks,
    Scott

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

can you post a link to your site?

scottwiggins17
    Participant

@scottwiggins17

Forum Discussions

here is the forum page. WP and BBpress are most updated versions

I Think if I could just get the forum pages/topic pages to be a white background, it would be fine.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, all I get is

Oh bother! No forums were found here!

I’m guessing you forums are private?

scottwiggins17
    Participant

@scottwiggins17

Forum Discussions

I changed the privacy, sorry. It should work now.

scottwiggins17
    Participant

@scottwiggins17

Forum Discussions

Its only showing a search bar now???? But the background of the search bar is black, and I need it white. This is what the whole forum/topic part looks like. Just a black background with black font. Is there a simple way besides changing my theme colors to get this background to be white?

Robin W

@robin-w

your theme is re-writing the classes used by bbpress.

Put this into the custom css – either of your theme if it has a custom css area, or into the custom css tab in my style pack plugin settings

.x-bbp-search-form {
        background-color: #ffffff !important;
        }

.bbp-forums ul, li {
    background-color: #ffffff !important;
    }

scottwiggins17
    Participant

@scottwiggins17

That worked except one problem:/ It turned my main menu bar for my site white as well, turned all the background on my site to black in every area including my blog which I need to be a white background.

I don’t want the code to override everything, JUST my forum background.

Thanks

scottwiggins17
    Participant

@scottwiggins17

that code changed all my background color for my blog and pages black when it used to be white. Now I cant see anything and deleting the code did not set it back to normal. What do I do to get my site back to the way it was?

I use X theme and now it’s all messed up. It has black background with black font on ALL my blog posts.

For now I changed my whole sites default background to white, the header white, and the header menu font to black so you can read it. It was the opposite, and I like the black header background better the way I had it. I don’t know what that code did, but it messed a lot of stuff up.

Robin W

@robin-w

deleting the code will return it – close and re-open your browser to get the css to take effect

Robin W

@robin-w

the code is still in your site !

Then I’d suggest you contact your theme author who is controlling this code and ask them for help.

Otherwise beyond my free help to work out all the code you would need.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar