Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Avatars, more plugins than images.

• Okay,

WordPress is to big, i can’t see where i’m searching..

What i’m looking for is a plugin that adds Avatars to my WordPress site and bbPress site/forum.

I have deep Integration so it would be cool if the avatars would match or sync together.

If some member post a comment on the homepage in a blog-section it would be cool if he has the same avatar that he is using inside the forum.

Only thing is,

– I don’t want anybody to upload files.

It would be nice if they could use an external url (http://www.domain.com/folder/image1.jpg) to include there avatars.

Is it possible because i was looking at the WordPress site and i can’t get the search function working.

If i search for avatar there is a very big list of plugins but if i want to list them down by rated or most download then it deletes my “avatar” search word. and i get plugins like, contact form 7 and Google SEO on top of the list as a result.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Just use the gravatar service http://www.gravatar.com

bbPress and WordPress has integrated gravatar support. No need for an additional plugin.

BBpress doesnt have integrated avatar support, but gravatar.

This means that users on your forum must completely leave your forum and resort to a different service to create their picture. Then they must go back, and combine these.

To most people, this is too much work to bother with.

Most people just wanna upload their picture into their profile page (which is way too hard to find) and be done with it. They even prefer not having to do any resizing. The forum should do this for them.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

This means that users on your forum must completely leave your forum and resort to a different service to create their picture. Then they must go back, and combine these.

If you re-read the original poster’s requirements, you’ll see this is what he’s after. He asked for people to NOT upload pictures to his website or forum.

Only thing is,

– I don’t want anybody to upload files.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar