Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Automotive bbPress w/ Google Search Integration

• This is my first jump into bbPress and to be honest, I like the included template. So, I went ahead and used the included and am in the process of modifying it so it fits my needs.

Grayline bbPress Forum is for my automotive blog The-Grayline.com, so the theme is slightly modified to mimic my wordpress blog.

Mods:

Integrated Google Search

CARP Feed Parser for Updates on Blog in Lower Corner

Swapped Latest Posts w/ Forum Sections

The RSS feed for the blog in the bottom right has been floated to the right, so that when logged in the visitors information is displayed to the left and it all looks pretty. Please let me know what you guys think.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Your search is broken. ;)

If I search for “yaris” it doesn’t find anything, even though the very first topic has Yaris in the title and body.

Otherwise to be honest, it looks exactly like every other bbPress theme out there. This isn’t meant to discourage you, quite the opposite actually. It’s a good start and it’s awesome to see another person catching the bbPress bug.

Welcome to the forum and to bbPress and keep it up!

Actually it’s not broken, until Google crawls my page it won’t pick up any results. This forum has not been opened yet, a la no G bots taking a peak yet.

As for the looks, it’s fine that it may look like others out there. From what I’ve seen, in the niche’s I follow, bbPress is not common…at all. Therefore slight modifications of the usual theme seems to work.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar