Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Automatically register users?

• kevengland
    Participant

@kevengland

I’m wondering if it is possible to automatically register a user. I have an online course that is delivered via a platform called “Teachable” and I use a bbPress Forum as part of that course. What I’d like to do is automatically generate an account for people that have bought my course, so that they do not need to create another log-in for the forum.
    Any ideas on whether this is possible and how to do it? There’s usually a plugin for most things like this!
    Thanks in advance.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress just uses wordpress users, so if they are registered as part of your course, then bbpress will allocate them the default role (if you change nothing, then that is participant) on first login

kevengland
    Participant

@kevengland

Thanks for your reply.
    My course is hosted outside of WordPress, on a platform called “teachable”, so my students are not members of my WordPress site. I’m wondering if there is a way to automatically register someone, when they purchase my course. I can automatically add them to Mailchimp, Convert Kit, etc, b so I’m wondering if it is possible with bb Press (WordPress).
    Cheers.

Robin W

@robin-w

basically you will need a link from teachable to fire up code in wordpress to create the user.

I can only suggest you contact the ‘teachable’ authors to see if they have a hook you can use, or google for linsk eg

https://zapier.com/apps/teachable/integrations/wordpress

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar