Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Automatically follow links

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• steve01351
    Participant

@steve01351

OK. Maybe the absence of replies means I didn’t make my question clear. On Facebook/Twitter/etc., when I’ve gone to a website and copied the website URL, if I paste it into the post I make on Facebook, Twitter, etc, that post from that website (not the link to click on) is what appears in the post I make. This has actually happened on ONE of the posts I’ve made at http://notdos.com. Every other link I post just posts the link for people to click on. I can’t see any difference at all in the formation of the links. If anyone has a clue, I’d appreciate it a lot.

Thanks

abhipatodi
    Participant

@abhipatodi

You should copy the website link in the link option of WordPress.

steve01351
    Participant

@steve01351

Well, thanks, but that’s what I’ve been doing. And the link DOES appear in the post, but the *clickable text* is what appears. What I want is for people to see the title of the post and when they click on the title to be brought straight to the article/website that the title referenced – not presented with another link to click on. I’m guessing that it has something to do with SEO (about which I know nothing), but if what I’m trying to do is the way it works on social media like facebook/twitter/etc., it has to be possible.

steve01351
    Participant

@steve01351

steve01351
    Participant

@steve01351

Whoa. I posted a link (using LINK) in the post above, but I see absolutely nothing. Stranger and stranger.

steve01351
    Participant

@steve01351

Well, THAT’S disappointing. Not that anyone is obligated in any way to try and be helpful, but the first time I came here with an issue someone else had the same issue. I figured it out a few hours later and came right back here to share the answer that I’d found – and provide links. I was trying to be helpful. Common courtesy stuff. It’s gotten terribly rare.

Steve

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar