Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Auto insert image (inline images)

• brad_langdon

@brad_langdon

Does anyone know a way to have images show up in a post automatically once someone has uploaded them rather than having to edit the post after and clicking insert for each image?

I cant be the only person who has confused forum users out there.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I don’t believe that exists yet. The attachment plugin was modified to allow you to insert the image after uploading it, but it’s a two step process and clunky (IMO.)

I think the easiest thing is to just have the users use something like ImageShack or PhotoBucket and then use the allow images plugin. They upload the image to hosting, then insert the image. Problem solved.

The images are not stored on your server, but my users had no trouble with that process (find hosting, then upload the image.) They can also hot link to other images on the net without having to upload it anywhere.

brad_langdon

@brad_langdon

I think for the target audience I have that is not ideal.

It’s for a jet boating forum so the majority of my users are very outdoorsy and not that computer savvy.

They are used to uploading pics on other forums and having them show up straight away. It makes sense. Why would you go to all of that trouble when other forums do it for you automatically.

Is there a way to modify the plugin code?

When you click insert it must do something so cant we just take that code and put it in the appropriate place ao that it does it straight after uploading?

Sorry if that is a stupid question, I am far from an expert.

brad_langdon

@brad_langdon

I have heard a lot of people asking for the same thing, surely there is enough demand to have the plugin modified?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I guess I can add that feature as an option.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I’ve now added auto-insert in 0.1.11

There is only one small bug in this method that I will have to address later. If you edit an existing post and upload a new image while ALSO changing the post text, it cannot save the post text AND upload the image (it will only upload the new image). This situation should be the least likely, though it could happen and I will have to deal with when I have more time.

All other auto-inserts should work correctly however, new posts and adding more images to a post.

brad_langdon

@brad_langdon

Thanks ck it worked.

Much appreciated, especially for the very quick upgrade of the plugin.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar