Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Author role unable to see Topics

• CaptainJustice

@captainjustice

This is a fresh install of the bbpress plugin on a WP 3.2.1 multi-site. The Author role cannot see either the list of topics in the sidebar widget, or the topics themselves. All forums and topics are public.

An Author can see the forums list, access forums and sub-forums, but clicking a forum with topics will yield a page indicating the number of topics and then:

Oh bother! No topics were found here!

The Administrator confirms the topics are there. I’ve even globally edited all forums and topics and set status to public.

Have used the User Role Editor to add privileges to Authors to read and edit edit all posts and forums.

I had installed the User Access Manager to try to give protection to pages and posts but have uninstalled it. I fear something may be a leftover protection.

Looking at the database at one of the entries, the Post Status is “inherit” versus “publish” — is that an issue?

I’m stuck. New at this, but fairly conversant with WP basics. Help!

gil

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• CaptainJustice

@captainjustice

The Author role also cannot reply to a Topic or create a new Topic. In Settings|Forums I have the Global Access checked to allow all users to create topics and replies.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Interesting. Will test some things. Can you create a ticket over at bbpress.trac.wordpress.org to remind me?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar