Categories
Search
Bottom

Assign specific moderators to specific forums

• jhawtin
    Participant

@jhawtin

Hello,

We have three forums on our site. And we have assigned moderators for each forum. WE also require that topics be approved before appearing in the forum.

I am wondering if it is possible make it so that only the moderatos assigned to that particular forum receive notifications that new topics need to be approved. And only have access to those specific forums they are assigned to.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

how are you achieving ‘require that topics be approved before appearing in the forum.’ or is this still a wish ?

jhawtin
    Participant

@jhawtin

Yes this is working. When a participant adds a new topic it shows: “This topic is waiting for moderation and needs to be approved that point for moderation”

However all moderators have access to all forums. Not sure if there is a setting where I can assign individual people to specific forums and only they can moderate the topic approvals and reply approvals if those are turned on.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, but that’s not a default bbpress response, so have you a plugin doing this?

jhawtin
    Participant

@jhawtin

Yes I am also using ultimate member pro plugin with bbpress

jhawtin
    Participant

@jhawtin

I also have this downloaded, but cannot seem to find where the options are.

bbPress – Moderation Tools

Robin W

@robin-w

settings for that are in

dashboard>settings>forums and near the bottom

jhawtin
    Participant

@jhawtin

thanks. I figured it out. The user role moderator gives those users access to all forums. So the only way to do it, is make the user role participant, and then add that user as a moderator on the the actual forum page itself. That way they only have access to that individual forum. And make sure that “notify all moderators” is selected under moderation notifications.

🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed !!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar