Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Approve Members who can post

• jabbamonkey

@jabbamonkey

Wondering if there is a plugin that requires the administrator to approve member before they can post anything. Trying to make the forum for only people we know. Thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• jabbamonkey

@jabbamonkey

Looked around. There is a plugin called “Approve User Registration” but it doesn’t work. I ran a bunch of test registrations, and never received any emails. Guess it’s outdated.

I also tried the “Private Forums” plugin, but I couldn’t get that to work either.

So, I downloaded the plugin ROLE MANAGER.

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/role-manager/

Using that, you can create many roles for people. I duplicated my “member” role, then changed some of the restrictions.

So, I have a “member” who could read everything, but not post.

And a “verified member” who could post. So, when I get someone that registers, I can change their role manually and make them verified.

I’m checking to see if this plugin works well with the “New User Notification Email” plugin. If that works, then I will get a new email whenever someone registers.

jabbamonkey

@jabbamonkey

Looked around. There is a plugin called “Approve User Registration” but it doesn’t work. I ran a bunch of test registrations, and never received any emails. Guess it’s outdated.

I also tried the “Private Forums” plugin, but I couldn’t get that to work either.

So, I downloaded the plugin ROLE MANAGER.

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/role-manager/

Using that, you can create many roles for people. I duplicated my “member” role, then changed some of the restrictions.

So, I have a “member” who could read everything, but not post.

And a “verified member” who could post. So, when I get someone that registers, I can change their role manually and make them verified.

I’m checking to see if this plugin works well with the “New User Notification Email” plugin. If that works, then I will get a new email whenever someone registers.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar