Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Application forum

• Confuzion
    Participant

@confuzion

Is there a way for BBpress to allow a newly registered user to post in a private forum and only be able to see his own post and comments from members.

background info:
    I want to make a gaming site and i need a forum where it is possible for future applicants to post a private application without fear of being discovered by his old guild if they look at our forums or make a user to gain access.
    I have searched for this option for 2 days now and i can’t seem to find a solution to this problem!

If it isn’t possible through either plugins or something else, then please suggest other forums with that capability.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I’d not expect any forum software to support this function and not at all sure how this would work.

Your explanation above is not clear in terms of

How a new ‘applicant’ would post an application on a forum without registering first
    Then who would be able to see his post (and how do you stop interlopers who may have registered in disguise seeing this – how do you tell the difference?)
    And what he would be able to see apart from his topic?

Why are you using a forum for an application, why not just use manual registration? or an application form? lots of plugins to do that eg cformsII

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar