Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Anyone home?

• Looks like a good start but my hestitation to use bbpress is that these forums look like a ghost town. I see a post or two every day, very few responses, a theme system that is undocumented and people having a whale of a time trying to look decent just in the WordPress stock theme! As a result, I went from thinking “that seems like a good potential solution” to “anything more than the barest of forums is probably asking for trouble.”

This is a free forum – hard to complain about anything that actually works that doesn’t cost anything. However, if someone wants this project to go somewhere, I think it needs a little bit more fuel. I’m hoping that it will and figured I would give you my feedback.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

I do what I can to answer all the questions I am capable of answering each day. Yeah, we could use more help in here and volunteers are always welcomed.

Actually I think it is more than volunteers. I’m not a newbie/rookie and I have had my share of problems just trying to install bbpress properly. There is a misconception that, as a plugin, you just install and the script is meant to integrate into stock wordpress. That’s what it should do.

Now while volunteering would be good, I think that someone has to kickstart this a little more than it already has been. If just the basic install and setup is a chore, then this project is a long way from being honey with which to attract flies. I’d like to be involved but not sure what that even means other than just answering the same questions about things that need to be taken care of at the top level down like the above need.

Again, I truly respect the effort here. It’s just a question of how much is needed to get over that “hump.” Since I’m not in charge, I figured I’d mention what it feels like on this side.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar