Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Another problem at step 2

• Hello, while trying to install I get the following error at the second step

bbPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘ ”, , ”, ‘200]

INSERT INTO bb_topics (topic_title, topic_slug, topic_poster, topic_poster_name, topic_last_poster, topic_last_poster_name, topic_start_time, topic_time, forum_id) VALUES (‘Your first topic’, ‘your-first-topic’, , ”, , ”, ‘2007-12-12 00:10:27’, ‘2007-12-12 00:10:27’, 1)

:

I have applied the patches for the msqlI warning, therefore nothing seems to be wrong until this step.

I have also filled all the fields from the previous step.

Any idea?

Thank you!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I got that error on my last install…still trying to remember what I did to fix it, but it had something to do with my config.php I’m sure…..

Trent

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Looks like you got past the part where it creates the tables, so I would guess the permissions are OK.

Looks to me like there is a problem with the username you used when you did the installation. All the fields related to username are empty in that error you pasted.

topic_poster,              ,  <-- why empty?
    topic_poster_name, '', <-- why empty?
    topic_last_poster, , <-- why empty?
    topic_last_poster_name, '', <-- why empty?

None of those can be null. So, did you do something weird when creating the username, or use a weird character, or are you using integration with an existing user or maybe a display name plugin?

Something is going on with the username. It’s not present, so the INSERT failed.

I am also trying to remember if my problem was with the WP integration or not……darn it! This is frustrating!

Trent

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar