Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Another integration question.

• I have an existent wordpress install. I successfully installed bbpress and have the db pulling from wp install for the users. Now I want to try and wrap my wp around bbpress utilizing my existent header and footer in wordpress.

bbpress – v0.74

wordpress – 2.0.6

I have been searching everywhere looking where to start but alot say I need to set ('WP_BB', true); in the (bbpress) config.php. In this version of bbpress, it’s not in there. Am I missing something?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I found where on the forums where someone suggested putting

require_once( ‘/home/content/j/z/l/jzlharvey/html/wp-config.php’);

I did this and got the following error.:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare is_serialized() (previously declared in /home/content/j/z/l/jzlharvey/html/forums/bb-includes/wp-functions.php:914) in /home/content/j/z/l/jzlharvey/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 281

Bueller… Bueller… Bueller… :

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

you have to include wp-config.php in config.php before the call to include bb-settings.php

so1o, thanks for the reply.

when you say “include the wp-config.php in the config.php”… is that not what I did when I added the line of code:

require_once( '/home/content/j/z/l/jzlharvey/html/wp-config.php');

bbolman
    Participant

@bbolman

Yes, you add that line of code on the line directly before this line (I believe):

require_once( BBPATH . ‘bb-settings.php’ );

Make sure to change that piece of code to match the actual location of your file. When I put that code into my installation though, all I get are errors. I’ve found you can get away without it.

thank you bbolman.. I was placing the code after that line, not before. That did it… but I had to disable “Ultimate Tag Warrior” plugin to keep from getting any errors.

Now, on to trying to customize the look of bbpress. Thanks again.

For the UTW problem, do what this guy said here once, see if that helps. Good luck!

spencerp

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar