Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Anonymous Post

• Hello can you do anonymous post in bbpress.

i would like my users to be able to post anonymously. if so how do you handle spaming?

also is anyone aware of any legal issues regarding this.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • okay so i found some talk about anonymous post.

it seem like there is no solution at the moment other than a suggestion of ‘anonymous’ ‘anonymous username/password combo.

how about a simple plugin that ask to decode a number sequence like in facebook.

does anyone have anything like this?

rashantha-just tackled this one earlier in the week. Check out, https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/633

Spam is really an issue, not sure how to solve it. 20 minutes after I set it up I received my first spamming. Maybe you make users fill out a verification number before they can post. Don’t know if any such solution exists. Another option is to get a plugin, name escapes me that makes it so posts must be approved.

Matt

i am new to bbpress, but adding a calculation field or a random set of graphic letters ie facebook shouldn’t be a difficult problem.

guess it’s time to look plug in technology. i was attracted to bbpress because of the customization.

but it looks like small issues can become big headaches like the permalink issue !

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar