Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Annoyance with multisite

• doggins25
    Participant

@doggins25

Not sure if this is a question for bbPress or WordPress.. please let me know if you can help

I am setting up WordPress Multisite + BuddyPress + bbPress

One annoyance I have is that when a user registers and creates a new blog, when they login they see the parent site as well as their blog under ‘My Sites’

There is a link to ‘Dashboard’ of the parent site, which they don’t have access to.

I’d like to remove the parent site from the list of My Sites

I’ve been able to establish the reason why it’s showing in the Admin bar is because they’re automatically assigned Participants to the parent blog for the bbPress forum. This is fine, but I really don’t want that showing in the admin bar.

I thought this would of already been asked before, but can’t find a similar thread

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• DigitalHytop
    Participant

@digitalhytop

I hate to resurrect an old post, but I’m having the same problem with my site as well. Because of this auto participant role being assigned, every sub-blog my members visit gets populated under their “My Site” dropdown. On a large setup, I can imagine this will become a real issue down the road, especially for folks who aren’t the admins of the sites that are populating the admin bar.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar