Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

An old config.php file has been detected…

• I am currently running PHPbb in the root directory, but want to install bbpress as I have used WP for years and love it.

I want to be able to import current posts and users from phpbb, so to keep it ‘easy,’ I installed a new directory and new db for bbpress. I go to that URL, and get the installation start page. On the second page, I get this error:

Oh dear!

An old config.php file has been detected in your installation. You should remove it and run the installer again. You can use the same database connection details if you do.

The config file is NOT in this directory, it is in the root (for phpbb). I tried editing in the info directly into the config file, but then the db can’t connect. I went through these steps, but no luck. How can I tell phpbb what db to use?

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Ben L.

@nightgunner5

bbPress looks in its folder and the folder directly above it for a config file. If you move bbPress out of the phpBB folder or move bbPress into something like [phpBB folder]/bbpress/test/[bbPress folder], it should work. Don’t modify the phpBB config file.

OK thanks. I have unmodified the config file. The phpbb folder is directly above it. :-/

So if I go 2 directories deep for setup, can I specify the URL of bbpress once it is installed?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar