Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

An old config.php file has been detected in your installation.

• sneakyrandy

@sneakyrandy

I’m trying to install bbpress 1.0.2 into my site and later integrate it with wordpress. Right now I can’t seem to get the installation process to start unless I have the files in a directory specifically labeled “bbpress”.

Otherwise I get an error that reads “An old config.php file has been detected in your installation.” I’ve never installed bbpress on this site before.

I’ve tried installing the directory as “bbpress” and then renaming the directory to “boards” (I already have a set of forums phpbb that I’m unhappy with). Renaming is breaks the install. I have NOT gone ahead and put in any DB info yet into bbpress.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Is there a file called config.php in this directory or one level up? I think bbPress chokes on that too.

Renaming should not break the installation. You can rename the folder bbpress to whatever you want. Many people use forum or forums (as it is here.)

sneakyrandy

@sneakyrandy

there is a config.php file that is one level up. Suggestions?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Can you rename it temporarily to get through the installation? Or, if you configure bb-config.php before starting the installation, does that get around this check? If not, then you might need to comment out the check in the installer code to get around this silly restriction.

sneakyrandy

@sneakyrandy

Ah! I renamed the config.php file one level up to config2.php and that got it to bypass the error! Thank you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar