Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Allowing only the Forum creator to add the Topic??

• theicebooky
    Participant

@theicebooky

Hey everyone! I am wondering if it is possible to limit members from my site to only be able to add and edit topic under the forum they created? (If you didn’t create the forum, you can not add the topic under that forum)

Thank you very much!!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• theicebooky
    Participant

@theicebooky

Please help me, I really hope that my project will succeed and it wouldn’t without the help of you guys :((

Thank you in advance!!

Robin W

@robin-w

how are they creating the forum? eg buddypress, they are admins or how ?

theicebooky
    Participant

@theicebooky

I use User Role Editor to allow subscriber to add Forums. Then, I put the Forum creating shortcode on a page.

I’m using bbpress not buddypress.

However, I want to restrict the Topic creator to only be able to create a Topic inside of the Forum they created. Is there a way to do that?? Thanks!!

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so you could use

Private groups

then when you set up each forum ‘I put the Forum creating shortcode on a page.’ you could also set up a group for the forum, add the creator as a member and give him permission to create topics.

It is a but labor intensive, but would work.

How many forums are you planning ?

theicebooky
    Participant

@theicebooky

Oh THank you for the reply!!

There will be many forum creators!! (Every user are free to create a forum of their own!) Is it possible to make the setting a default for every forum??

THanks!!

theicebooky
    Participant

@theicebooky

By default, I mean letting the forum creator create the topic but not others (for every forums!!)

Is that possible??

Robin W

@robin-w

not really

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar