Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Allow everyone to reply a topics

• asusgalopp
    Participant

@asusgalopp

I would like to allow reader without the need to login to reply a topic. I don’t know how to do it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so only be able to reply, not create a topic?

omarsohrab
    Participant

@omarsohrab

You can do that by enabling “Allow guest users without accounts to create topics and replies”

Steps:
    Settings -> Forums -> “check to Allow guest users without accounts to create topics and replies”

But I warn you, doing that you may face spam problem. A lot of spams. I am doing SEO for a cleaning company website. In that website, developer left that function open. When I started working, It has more than 12k spam replies and topics. So, think again before doing that.

asusgalopp
    Participant

@asusgalopp

Thank you, omarsohrab, I found it. We only have 1 public thread as the so called “Guestbook”. So we think we will manage the spam.

asusgalopp
    Participant

@asusgalopp

@omarsohrab, is there a possibility to forbid guest to create threads?

asusgalopp
    Participant

@asusgalopp

@robin-w, I saw your Reply. That is exactly what I would like to know.

Robin W

@robin-w

do you know how to add a function to a function file if I gave you the code ?

Robin W

@robin-w

this should do it – make sure anonymous is turned on to allow creation, then this stops topics being created – ie the topic form being shown

add_filter ( 'bbp_current_user_can_publish_topics', 'rew_prevent_anonymous' );

function rew_prevent_anonymous ($retval) {
    	// prevent topic creation if user is not logged in
    	if ( !is_user_logged_in()) {
    		$retval = false;
    	}

return $retval;

}

if you don’t know how to add to the functions file, use this plugin and put the code in there

Code Snippets

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar