Categories
Search
Bottom

All Site Comments Appearing Below BBpress Group Forums – Totally Baffled

• brinkingyellows
    Participant

@brinkingyellows

Hello!

First, I want to say how much I appreciate the BBpress platform. I’ve been using it for over a year now and it has served the site well.

I have ran into an issue where every single comment ever made on posts now appear below the forums. I’m completely baffled as to how to handle this. It does seem to be a theme issue as this does not happen with the TwentyFifteen theme. Is there a way to remove showing the comments altogether on any forum page (which is preferred actually).

Has anyone had this same issue? Is there a way to simply have the comments not show up at all in the forums? Is there code that I can place in my functions.php that will make them not appear in the forums?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. As of now, this issue is causing some confusion and making my pages extremely long.

My site is FREEDOMcgc.com
    Link to where the issue is happening: CLICK HERE

WordPress Version WordPress 4.2.2
    bbpress Version 2.5.7
    Buddypress Version 2.2.3.1

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

you’d basically need to contact the theme author, as it is a theme issue

brinkingyellows
    Participant

@brinkingyellows

@robin-w

I have also contacted them. They aren’t usually the most responsive at times. I was hoping that maybe someone else ran into this issue and had a “fix” or perhaps a way to just hide the comments from showing up on the forums page.

I know I can’t be the only one having this issue with other themes.

ccb-lmh
    Participant

@ccb-lmh

I am having the same problem. Did you get any response?

Thanks!

brinkingyellows
    Participant

@brinkingyellows

@ccb-lmh

No I have not received any response yet. I am using Yootheme. They have beautiful and easy to use themes but lately their tech support has been very slow.

I really hope I can find some fix for this. I’ve been looking for days online to see if anyone else has found an answer to it.

Robin W

@robin-w

if you do, please post back here, but it will be a theme specific answer – have you checked out all the theme settings to see if you can find something that will turn these off?

brinkingyellows
    Participant

@brinkingyellows

@robin-w

I definitely will post back here as to what the resolution is, if I ever get one. I have gone through all the theme settings to see what I can do to remove comments from that section but still nothing. I’m combing through it again just to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

If you also see anything that may help or can direct me to a possible solution then please let me know.

I’m about at the end of my rope with this.

Robin W

@robin-w

do you have FTP access? and if so can you email me

page.php

via contact email in my website

http://www.rewweb.co.uk

brinkingyellows
    Participant

@brinkingyellows

@robin-w

I have sent you the cyberduck file for you to gain access. Let me know if this worked for you.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar