Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

All Links Broken BBpress 2.0

• highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

Every single permalink for forums give me a ‘page not found’ error. I’m using BBpress 2.0 and Buddypress 1.5 on the latest version of WP.

Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Just a guess, but I would refresh the sites permalinks in the admin, and then refresh the forums links in the admin to see if it helps. Basically just go to each page and click save… beyond that not sure

highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

I did that a couple of times to no avail. Thanks for the suggestion though.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Visit your forums settings and look for slug conflicts. Barring that, maybe BuddyPress forums and bbPress forums have conflicting folders for you somewhere.

highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

@johnjamesjacoby – Nope, no slug conflicts and no conflicting folders as far as I can see. I just deleted the forums folder in my theme. Changed the theme and it’s still broken.

Do you mean folders within the plugin folders?

If all else fails, what are the steps to completely uninstall bbpress so I can just try it fresh?

Thanks for your time man.

highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

Bump :)

varsitysmack
    Participant

@varsitysmack

I’m with you @highexistence. Been having a lot of issues with bbpress 2.0… when going to one of my 1,900 forums (yes, I have that many individual forums) I get a 404 error – Page not found.

My site (a discussion site that relies on bbpress to deliver content to users) has essentially been down for the last 3 days since I’m installed the new bbpress 2.0. This is too long for my site to be down and would also like the steps on how to revert back to the old version of bbpress since that worked with no problems.

highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

@varsitysmack — yeah it’s incredibly frustrating. This is the last thing I need to fixed before I can release the new version of my site with BP 1.5 and BBpress 2.0

highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

This fixed itself randomly for no good reason

Lucky :)

And for me it didnt fix itself. I am not using Buddypress, but i still get the same error 404, when trying to open any forum or topic. :(

http://www.8ball.lu/wordpress/forums

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar