Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

After updating to bbPress 2.5.4, Users can't edit post's

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Try creating a new user, assign the participant role and test this yourself.

Does it work for you?

What about when you repeat those same steps with a moderator or keymaster role?

Have any of your other plugins or themes recently updated?

Have you tried to disabling all your plugins to see if the issue is resolved?

Have you tried switching the Twenty Fourteen theme to see if the issue persists?

AwakenStudio
    Participant

@awakenstudio

Created a dummy user with the Participant Role. After testing the Test user could not edit the posts. What is even more weird is that even as a Admin, after deleting the post, I can not restore it. All I get is an error that says “Are you sure you want to do this?”, then a link below that says “Please Try again”. Any idea what is going on here?

First up, a clarification on what you are calling posts; are you inferring users in the back end editing WordPress blog posts? That is sort of how your last reply reads to me. bbPress uses Forums, Topics and Replies and it can get confusing if these terms aren’t explicitly used at times 😉

When in the back end and you try to restore a trashed topic by clicking restore indeed you will see that error, it’s a know issue and will be fixed in the next release. The workaround is to use the “bulk actions” and select the checkbox next to the topic or topics to restore, select “restore” from the bulk action drop down and click apply.

If you are seeing that error in the font end it shouldn’t be doing that and should work as expected when restoring topics.

Either/or try the same again with a new admin/key master user and see if you can still replicate the issue.

AwakenStudio
    Participant

@awakenstudio

Ok, it is not the theme. Tried changing it to Twenty Fourteen and still nothing happens.

AwakenStudio
    Participant

@awakenstudio

Oh, and remapping my existing users to default forum roles gives me an Internal 500 error. Can you help me with that also?

AwakenStudio
    Participant

@awakenstudio

Come to find out it lets users edit, if I change my PHP Support on the server to Apache module, as opposed to what I was running before as FastCGI Application.

Can you help me correct this, to where I can edit posts and run FastCGI Application PHP support at the same time?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar