Categories
Search
Bottom

After installation, nothing in Dashboard

• pluckvermont
    Participant

@pluckvermont

Hi,

I installed 2.6.6 on a site running WP 5.7.2. The site is https://www.vsjf.org/.

After activation, I see nothing in the Dashboard, I also see nothing under Settings nor Tools. It’s as if I never installed it.

I’ve never really seen anything like this with a plugin.

I did check the front-end, and the stylesheet for bbpress is loading in my header.

Has anyone experience this before?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

ozwest
    Participant

@ozwest

Same problem here, I will download the plugin and test.

ozwest
    Participant

@ozwest

I used the troubleshooting and I only enabled bbPress which again did not show the links in the dashboard.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, can you see what bbpress level you are

dashboard>users>and select yourself – you should show as ‘keymaster’ to see the dashboard items

ozwest
    Participant

@ozwest

The user role for Forum is KEYMASTER for myself

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so you are not seeing topic, replies and forums in the dashboard with just bbpress active and a default theme such as twenty twenty – yes ?

ozwest
    Participant

@ozwest

I used the troubleshooting tool that you suggested because the site is live. I did not see it.

Now I have deactivated every plugin and used a default theme and now I can see the forum in the dashboard.

I have activated the plugins and I still am able to see everything. So case solved.

One consideration, I have had another forum installed before but opted for yours because there is a plugin to Paid Member Subscriptions, maybe that was the culprit.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, thanks that is useful feedback re the troubleshooting tool, so thanks for letting me know.

So yes I would suggest it was a plugin activation/load order issue.

glad you are fixed 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar